Dedham is a village in northeast Essex. Anyone who lives in Dedham, unless they travel to employment, is unlikely to contract one of the more serious industrial diseases, but they could well contract one of the minor ones that are caused through strains to muscles and equipment that vibrates. Employers all over the UK have a legal duty to protect their staff from such illnesses and conditions and if they fail in this duty, they may have to face injury solicitors in Dedham with a personal injury claim.
Industrial illnesses and conditions range from comparatively mild conditions such a repetitive strain injury to terminal illnesses such as asbestos related lung cancer. Your employer should take steps to avoid these happening and if they do not you may be entitled to claim compensation from them, using injury solicitors in Dedham or another legal firm.
There are numerous illnesses and conditions that your employers negligence could cause and health and safety regulations applying to all. Here is just of sample of what you might contract.
- Asbestos related diseases – asbestos was used extensively in the second half of last century in construction and shipbuilding particularly. Over a number of years, can be up to 40, the illness from this dust develops into illness and quite often is life threatening.
- Industrial deafness – this is caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises. Your employer should try and reduce the noise levels, but if they cannot, they should supply you with ear protection, which you must make sure you wear.
- Dangerous chemicals and substances your employer should minimise the risk of coming into contact with these and provide, free of charge, any protective clothing you may need.
- Vibration white finger – a problem with the hands caused by the constant use of vibrating tools.
- Repetitive strain injury – caused by the constant use of the same muscles.
- Dermatitis – a skin problem.
- Back injuries – often caused by heavy lifting without the proper training.
Claiming for an industrial illness or condition
If you have contracted an industrial illness or condition you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for the expertise you need for a successful personal injury claim. Our solicitors have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will deal with your claim speedily and efficiently.
Of course you can always use a local firm of injury solicitors in Dedham, however, you may find that your case will be better off in the hands of a national firm like Accident Advice Helpline.Open Claim Calculator
Our helpline is a freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and there you will find friendly, professional advisors ready to talk to you about your accident and guide you through the processes of your claim.