How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury Solicitors in Darwen

    Injury Solicitors in Darwen

    Darwen is a market town in Lancashire. Much of the town was built between about 1850 and 1900; place names, date stones in terraces, and the vernacular architecture of cellars, local stone, locally-made brick, pipework and tiles and leaded glass, the last now mostly gone, reflect this.

    There are many employers in Lancashire, and every other county across Britain, and they all need to be aware of their legal responsibilities towards their staff. They have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and if they fail in this duty and someone is injured because of their negligence, they may have to contend with injury solicitors in Darwen to settle a personal injury claim.

    Injury solicitors in Darwen and Health and Safety issues

    As part of their legal duty to protect you, employers should have a health and safety policy. They should let you know about all the issues that effect you, usually in the form of a copy of their health and safety policy, but it can be verbal to yourself or an employee who acts as the health and safety representative on behalf of the staff.

    Finding First Aiders

    One of the items the risk assessment report has to look at is how many first aiders are needed, for the amount of staff and type of work, and what amount of first aid equipment is required. How the first aiders will be trained is also an important matter. First aiders have no rights to extra pay or holidays for this job, although a lot of employers do give an incentive of some sort.

    The reporting of serious accidents

    Serious accidents at work must be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). They will investigate the accident and try to ensure it does not happen again. There are several types of incident that fall within the category of a serious accident at work that must be reported. Examples are:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Death
    • Major injuries including broken limbs or ribs
    • Disease
    • Collapse of scaffolding or walls etc.
    • People overcome by gas or fumes
    • An injury that would need you to have more than 7 days off work

    If you are involved in an accident at work in which you are injured, no matter how minor or major, you should be speaking to injury solicitors in Darwen about making a personal injury claim.

    Making a work related claim

    Accident Advice Helpline are second to none at dealing with personal injury claims. This is why we have such a good reputation for looking after our claimants and why we get over 25,000 enquiries a month. In the last 13 years we have helped many thousands of victims get the compensation they were entitled to.

    We have a freephone number, 0800 180 4123, where you can speak to one of our friendly and helpful advisors for answers to any questions you may have. Or you can complete the 30-second test online which will give you an estimate of the amount you may receive.

    Date Published: 9th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.