Injury Solicitors in Dartington and employees behaving themselves
Everyone talks about the legal duties of employers in the UK, how they have to protect the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and how they should go about it to avoid facing an injury claim from injury solicitors Dartington. This is true of course, but employees have their part to play as well.
Injury solicitors in Dartington talk about what employees should do while at work
Employees have responsibilities to themselves, their work mates and their employers, to make sure they take their part in the health and safety of everyone. The precautions they should take are:
- Not appearing at work the worse for alcohol, this can get them instant dismissal.
- Keeping their work area in a tidy condition, if not they may cause someone else to have an accident.
- Ensure they wear any protective clothing provided. The employer does not give it given to them for no reason.
- Ensure any machinery is in proper working order before they use it, if not report it immediately and refuse to use it until it is repaired. They cannot be disciplined for refusing to use a faulty machine.
- The employer will have a health and safety policy, they should make sure they know the details and stick to the rules.
- Don’t ignore the fire bells, the employer will organise regular fire drills.
- Take any breaks that are part of the working day, tiredness can lead to lack of concentration which can be lethal
- If they have an accident at work, no matter how minor, make sure it is recorded in the accident book
- The employer will have procedures in place in case of emergency situations and they need to make sure they know what these are
- The employer will have to carry out risk assessments and act on their findings. If an employee spots something they think might be a hazard, they should tell the employer so that something can be dome to remove the danger
- Serious accidents should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive. If an employee has any doubt that this has been done, they should report it themselves.
- They should do nothing that will endanger himself or herself or anyone else in the workplace.
What happens if an accident still occurs?
No matter how many precaution the employer and employee take, accidents will still happen at work. They are among the most common types of accidents in the UK and injury solicitors in Dartington at Accident Advice Helpline have dealt with many thousands of claims relating to them over the last 13 years.
Just like the doctor specialises in health or the accountant in taxation, we are a law firm that specialises in personal injury claims. We have the knowledge, experience and expertise to give your claim the best chance of success.
We operate on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis so you do not have to find any money to start your claim, all you need do is contact us. This can by done by completing the 30-second test on our website or by calling our free helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and speaking to one of our friendly professional advisers.