Injury Solicitors in Darnick
Darnick is a village near Melrose in the Scottish Borders area of Scotland. The village’s name was first recorded in 1124, and its name has changed from Dernewic, Dernwick and Darnwick to the present Darnick. Darnick Tower was built in ca. 1425, and another tower house, Fisher’s Tower, is still recognizable by its remains; however there is no trace of the third tower.
Skirmish Hill by Darnick is the site of a battle which took place on June 18th, 1526, by the Scotts, the Kerrs and the Elliots, trying to intercept King James V who was then under the guardianship of Archibald Douglas, 6th Earl of Angus.
If any Darnick residents, or the residents of anywhere else, have an accident, which was not their fault, in which they sustained injuries that needed medical attention, they may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using injury solicitors Darnick.
Injury solicitors in Darnick know all about personal injury claims
There are rules you have to comply with to be able to make a personal injury claim:
- You could not have been at fault
- You must have sustained injuries
- Those injuries must have needed medical attention
- The incident should have happened within the last three years except in exceptional circumstances
If you fit these rules then injury solicitors in Darnick will gladly help you make your personal injury compensation claim.
The exceptions to the rule
The three-year rule is extended in two main instances:
- If you were below 18 at the time of the accident or abuse. If no one else made a claim for you at the time, you should make it as soon as possible after your 18th birthday, and your claim may still be considered. It must be made before your 21st birthday.
- If your problem is an industrial illness or disease. Some of these, such as asbestos exposure, can take up to 40 years to manifest themselves. With these cases you should make your personal injury claim within three years of the diagnosis.
Making the claim
Injury solicitors in Darnick at Accident Advice Helpline will help make your claim. They have got the processes of making a claim down to a fine art so that it is simple, quick and efficient for all victims.
Over the last 13 years, we have helped many thousands of claimants to get the compensation to which they were entitled. On average, we have helped our claimants receive over £30 million pounds a year, and we still handle in excess of 25,000 calls from new claimants every month.
On our website there is a 30-second test to give you a rough idea whether you are entitled to compensation, and if so how much. Or contact the Accident Advice Helpline if you would rather speak to an adviser to discuss your case. We have a freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, which is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Date Published: 16th December 2013
Author: David Brown