Dalmally is a village in Scotland. While there are a few more modern houses, most of the residents’ homes are stone cottages. One of the oldest buildings in Dalmally is the house above the station square. It was once rundown and old but has now been restored.
Injury solicitors in Dalmally and work related accidents
All employers in the UK, whether they are in Scotland or anywhere else, have a duty of care to their employees. This means they have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff while they are in the workplace, and if they fail in this duty they may have to face injury solicitors in Dalmally with a personal injury claim. To reduce the risk of this they need to:
- Make sure you have enough room to work without excessive twisting and turning
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and has safety guards fitted
- Provide, free of charge, any protective clothing you need
- Ensure you are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
- Record all accidents
- Have regular fire drills
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Make sure you take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
- Have a health and safety policy the details of which all staff are aware of
These are not all that needs to be done as different trades have different requirements but all the information your employer will need is available on the very user friendly HSE website.
Employer’s liability insurance
Another legal requirement for most employers is that they have employer’s liability insurance with a minimum cover of £5,000,000 although a lot of insurance companies have an entry level of £10,000,000. You have no need to worry that you will force the business to close, or lose your workmates’ jobs, because it is this insurance that will pay your injury claim, not your boss.
Injury solicitors in Dalmally and Accident Advice Helpline are here to help
Injury solicitors in Dalmally and Accident Advice Helpline are here to help you make your personal injury claim. For over 15 years we have been providing access to justice for non-fault victims of accidents. We have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled and we have an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
We have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
You can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our phone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993. This helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; we are here to give you free advice whenever you want to call. Or you can complete our 30-second test to see if you have a valid claim and to get an estimate of how much you might be awarded.