Injury Solicitors in Corhampton and the different rules
Corhampton is a village in Hampshire. Bronze Age bowl barrows and ‘Celtic fields’ and circular earthworks probably dating from the Iron Age have been found on Corhampton Down in the west of the parish.
Anyone nationwide, including residents of Hampshire, can make a personal injury compensation claim if:
- They have been in an accident that was not their fault
- They were injured in the accident
- The injuries need medical attention
- The accident happened some time in the last three years
To do this they may want to use the services of injury solicitors in Corhampton.
Anyone nationwide can make a criminal injuries compensation claim if:
- They have been the victim of a violent crime
- The injuries needed medical attention
- The incident happened within the last two years
- The crime was reported to the police
- They helped the police with their enquiries
To do this they may want to use the services of injury solicitors in CorhamptonOpen Claim Calculator
These are just two examples of where the rules for making a claim are slightly different, there are others.
Injury solicitors in Corhampton can help with industrial disease claims
There are some industrial illnesses and diseases, particularly the ones related to asbestos exposure, which can take up to 40 years to develop. If you have contracted one of these illnesses you have 3 years from the date of diagnosis of the illness rather than 3 years from the exposure.
The situation for children
If as a child your were injured in an accident, or the victim of a crime or abuse, the rules are:
- If no one made a claim on your behalf at the time of the incident, you should make the claim as soon as you can after your 18th birthday.
- If the incident was an accident, you have until your 21st birthday to make the claim.
- If the incident was a crime, you have until your 20th birthday to make a claim, but you must report it to the police before making your claim.
Making your claim with Accident Advice Helpline
All these different rules are just touching the surface of the complications of making a personal injury compensation claim. They show how complicated it would be for the layperson to get it right but for Accident Advice Helpline it is no problem.
As a law firm it is the arm of the law we specialise in. We make personal injury claims of all types every day and have the expertise and knowledge you need to give your claim the best chance of success.
Our solicitors are experts in their field and will examine every facet of your claim to ensure that you are awarded the maximum compensation for your circumstances.
Try our 30-second test to see if you have a valid claim and how much you might be awarded. Or call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to one of our friendly advisers for all the help and support you will need when making your personal injury compensation claim.