How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury solicitors in Corfe Castle

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Corfe Castle

    Injury Solicitors in Corfe Castle will want compensation, not your head

    Corfe Castle is a fortification standing above the village of the same name on the Isle of Purbeck, in the county of Dorset. In 1572, Corfe Castle left the Crown’s control when Elizabeth I sold it to Sir Christopher Hatton.

    We suspect when Elizabeth sold the castle to Sir Christopher, he would not have dared to complain that it had a defect for fear of losing his head, but these days the sellers of faulty products, if they have harmed some one because of their negligence, have to pay compensation instead.  Injury solicitors in Corfe Castle deal with these types of personal injury claims on a regular basis.

    Injury solicitors in Corfe Castle tell suppliers the rules

    Any suppliers of goods to the consumer have legal responsibilities to make sure the products they sell are safe and will not cause harm or injury.  It does not matter how small or large the goods may be, if you are injured because of a defective product you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim and you should discuss the matter with injury solicitors in Corfe Castle.

    How suppliers can avoid personal injury claims

    The main responsibility falls on manufacturers, importers and producers to ensure that any goods sold to consumers are safe, but all suppliers should:

    • Warn consumers about any potential risks there may be
    • Provide information to help consumers understand the risks in language that is easily understood
    • Monitor the safety of all their products
    • Take action if safety problems are found

    If they do not comply with the rules and you are injured as a result, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Less responsibility for retailers

    Retailers are not normally responsible for harm to consumers or their property providing they identify the producer unless they knowingly sell an unsafe product. In particular, retailers need to keep a close eye on high-risk goods such as food, toys, fireworks and medicines.

    They need reporting

    Any goods that cause someone harm because of defects, should be reported to your Trading Standards Officer in the local council.  They are responsible for safety enforcement and have the power to:

    • Immediately stop the sale of the goods
    • Demand the recall of any of the goods already sold
    • Get permission from the courts to destroy the goods
    • Prosecute the guilty party which can mean heavy fines or imprisonment

    How to make a faulty goods claim

    Accident Advice Helpline has helped many thousand of victims, injured through no fault of their own, make personal injury compensation claims and among those there have been many claims caused by faulty goods.

    Making personal injury claims is what we are good at, what we do best.  We are one of the leading companies in the industry and have a reputation for providing complete customer satisfaction.

    On our website there is a 30-second test which is there for your guidance about the amounts of compensation that are awarded for differing injuries. Our freephone helpline, 0800 180 4123, is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can speak to one of our friendly advisors who will help you all they can.

    Date Published: 8th December 2013

    Author: Clare P

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.