Injury Solicitors in Colne helping with eye injury claims
Our eyes are very delicate and easily injured. If you have been in an accident in the last three years, and in that accident your eyes were injured, you should be talking to injury solicitors in Colne about making a personal injury compensation claim. Eye injuries can vary greatly from an irritation to loss of sight, and there can be many ways this can happen, such as:
- A blow to the eye, perhaps with a fist or ball
- Foreign bodies in the eye, the severity will depend on what substance is in the eye and whether it has cut the eye or not. You should not try and remove it yourself.
- Cuts to eyelids and eyeballs
- Exposure to gasses or chemicals
- Ultraviolet light, exposure to the sun or sun lamps can cause flash burn to the cornea
These are just a sample of eye injuries. Any accident that was not your fault in which you are injured means you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using injury solicitors in Colne.
The symptoms of eye injuries
The symptoms of an eye injury will vary depending on the severity of the injury but can include:
- Eye Pain
- Sensitivity to light
- Wet eyes caused by an increase in tear production
- Blurred or distorted vision
- Eye muscles going into spasms causing squints
- The feeling you have something in your eye
- Redness of the eye
- Difficulty keeping the affected eyes open
The treatment of an eye injury
Minor eye injuries will usually clear on their own without medical intervention, but if you have persistent pain, pain when the eye is exposed to light, altered vision or a foreign body in your eye, you should see your doctor or local A & E as soon as possible. You should never try to treat your eye yourself as you could do more harm than good, they need specialist care.
Using injury solicitors in Colne for your eye injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline has been assisting people with their personal injury compensation claims since 2000, and we have dealt with many thousands of cases including eye injury claims. Our solicitors have a great deal of experience and will ensure that every aspect of your claim is examined to get you the maximum compensation for your eye injury.Open Claim Calculator
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help. In just a few minutes one of our advisors will talk through your accident with you, discuss your options and give you an idea about how much compensation you can expect. You can contact them on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or you can complete our online 30-second test for similar guidance.
We operate a no win no fee* agreement so you have nothing to lose by making your claim. No money is needed to start the claim and no money is needed if the claim is lost.