Injury Solicitors in Coggershall and health and safety precautions
Accidents in the workplace, if they are caused through the negligence of the employer, and injuries that need medical attention are sustained, mean that the victim could easily be entitled to make a personal injury claim and they may want to use the services of injury solicitors in Coggershall to make this easier for themselves.
Injury solicitors in Coggershall discuss what employers should do
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees in the workplace. They also have to ensure the safety of any visitors to their premises such as customers, suppliers or the general public, but as an employer they should:
- Ensure that the work place is a safe working environment for their staff
- Be sure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order and has the proper safety guards fitted
- Have a health and safety policy, and make sure employees follow the guidelines
- Provide adequate first aid facilities
- Inform you about potential hazards in your job and give you the training needed to deal with these
- Have procedure in place in case of an emergency situation
- Have regular fire drills
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
- Keep an accident book to record all accidents in
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Make sure that ventilation, temperature, lighting, toilet, washing and rest facilities all meet health and safety requirements
- Prevent or control exposure to dangerous substances
- Take precautions against the risks involved because of flammable or explosive hazards, electrical equipment, noise or radiation
- Avoid potentially dangerous work involving handling dangerous substances and if this is not possible take precautions to reduce the risk of injury
- Provide health supervision as needed
- Provide protective clothing or equipment free of charge
- Ensure the correct warning signs are in place
These are just a sample of the guidelines from the HSE website where employers will find everything they need in much more detail. There are even sections for guidelines relating to specific trades.
Making your personal injury claim
It is a sad fact that no matter how cautious the employer is, accidents in the workplace will still happen and if the accident is no fault of the victim, they may still face a personal injury claim
Any type of accident can be traumatic enough on its own without then having he stress of making a personal injury compensation claim. Accident Advice Helpline will make your injury claim for you, and take the stress off your shoulders.
We are experts in dealing with accidents of all types, of making sure our customers get the best service possible as well as getting them a fair amount of compensation for the injuries and losses or costs associated with the accident.
Call our advisers on 0800 689 0500, and get free advice from them about making a claim, or complete the 30-second test on our website. This will let you know if you have a valid claim and will give you an estimate of how much compensation to expect.
Road Traffic Accident stats for Essex
Date Published: 17th December 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Legal Services
Personal Injury Solicitors in Coggeshall
Accident Advice Helpline: Coggeshall
Contact UsPhone: 0800 689 0500
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|