Have you suffered food poisoning and are you unsure if you can claim? Speak to the injury solicitors in Chipping
Food poisoning is often responsible for ruining all-inclusive holidays, day trips and family gatherings. The effects of food poisoning can mean that the occasion is remembered for all the wrong reasons and precious family memories can be forgotten.
How can I avoid food poisoning?
- Be vigilant with your own hygiene and that of others. Wash your hands regularly and use anti-bacterial soap to reduce the risk of cross contamination occurring
- Keep work surfaces clean and wipe with anti-bacterial sprays to remove bacteria and viruses prior to food preparation
- Keep food at the correct temperatures
- Eat more fresh foods that haven’t been stored too long or frozen
- Heat foods thoroughly to reduce the likelihood of bacterial infection
- Eat foods that are within their use by date
- Store foods appropriately in the fridge to avoid cross contamination
What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
If you have eaten contaminated food, usually you will know within a few hours but the symptoms can take up to three days to start. The main ones are:
- Stomach cramps
- High temperature
What should I do if I develop food poisoning?
- The most important consideration is to rest and drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost
- Only attempt to eat when your stomach has settled and then only try easily digestible foods such as toast
- If symptoms persist for longer than 48 hours, then contact a medical practitioner for advice
- Report the food poisoning episode to your GP for investigation
How can I claim for food poisoning and will injury solicitors in Chipping help me?
As long as the food poisoning wasn’t caused by your own fault and occurred within the last 3 years, then you are legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Chipping.
Accident Advice Helpline has a well established and well known team of advisers. They can offer you the advice and guidance that you need when you have been injured through no fault of your own. You may be unsure of your legal rights and worried about the process of making a legal claim for compensation. Call their helpful and friendly advisers who can put your mind at rest with just one call. Dial 0800 689 0500.
Their telephone advisers can establish if you are eligible to make a claim quickly over the phone. It is then up to you to decide if you wish to proceed and instruct their injury solicitors in Chipping to process your claim. If you do proceed, then their injury solicitors in Chipping will process your injury claim on your behalf on a 100% no win no fee* basis.