Motorbikes offer the rider an exhilarating way of getting about quickly and stylishly without the hassle of passengers and baggage. The freedom that motorbikes offer, is something that can become addictive, and often motorbikes are upgraded for a faster and sleeker ride.
However, many serious injuries and even fatal accidents are caused by riding motorbikes, and they remain one of the most dangerous forms of transport on the roads. Young riders in particular are often involved in devastating accidents on the roads involving other road users. These can have catastrophic consequences for the people involved and their families and can be life changing.
Keeping safe on your bike
In order to reduce the likelihood of being involved in a motorbike accident, consider the following points.
- If you are offered training courses by the dealership where you purchase your first bike, it is sensible to take them up. They can provide an opportunity to gain experience safely in a controlled environment and receive feedback on your road safety and bike handling skills.
- Purchase the appropriate safety gear. Leather jackets and trousers may be expensive, but they are worth every penny should you be involved in a road traffic collision. Leather is an ideal material because it is strong, resists road debris and provides a protective layer over the skin in the case of an accident or fall from the bike.
- Buy the best helmet that you can afford. A full face helmet is ideal because it provides facial cover in the event of an accident and it repels flies and flying debris. Always wear the helmet, even on short and local trips. Ensure that it is secured properly under the chin and that it fits snugly.
- Wear leather gloves to protect the hands from the weather, the road surface and to provide a secure grip on the handlebars.
- Buy strong leather boots that have quick release clips for ease of removal in the event of an accident. These protect the shin and ankle in the event of an accident.
Injury Solicitors in Chipping Sodbury or Accident Advice Helpline
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you are legally entitled to pursue a personal injury compensation claim using the leading experts, Accident Advice Helpline.
Although they do not have injury solicitors in Chipping Sodbury Accident Advice Helpline can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitors in Chipping Sodbury look no further than this expert service.
The team at Accident Advice Helpline are ready to take your call and answer any queries. If you are eligible to make a claim, then their injury solicitors will ensure that your claim is processed professionally and with accountability.
Their injury solicitors will even process your injury claim on a 100% ‘no win, no fee’ basis. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.
To find out if their injury solicitors can process your claim, try their unique 30 second online test! Are you ready?