Been knocked off your bike? Let the injury solicitors in Chew Magna process your claim!
Cycling is a popular and enjoyable way of commuting into work whether you live in rural or urban areas. The lack of regular transport in rural areas and the increasing congestion on our inner city roads means that cycling can allow people to access work opportunities and reduce the traffic on busier roads.
Keeping safe on the road
It is important to consider your own actions and the potential consequences of them whilst cycling on the roads. Not all cycling accidents are due to other drivers of more powerful vehicles. Unlike other road users, cyclists do not need to pass a test in order to ride on the roads and their lack of road safety awareness can lead to them becoming injured.
- ensure that your bike is in roadworthy condition
- check that the correct lights are fitted to the front and rear of the frame and that they are in good working order
- check that the tyres are inflated to the correct pressures and that they are in good repair
- ensure that the chain is oiled and gears all work correctly
- ensure that the brake cables aren’t frayed or loose and work properly
- wear an approved helmet and ensure it is secured properly
- wear appropriate clothing to protect the body from lacerations if you fall
- wear sensible footwear with a ridged sole to avoid slipping on the pedals
- wear waterproof and windproof clothing
- wear a fluorescent tabard or outer garment to allow other road users to identify your presence as they approach you
- carry a mobile phone in case of emergency
- if cycling lanes are provided, use them
- ensure that you check over your shoulder and signal clearly your intention before pulling out of a junction or changing position on the road
- if you are riding your bike in heavy traffic, ensure that you maintain a sensible road position particularly at roundabouts
Making your injury claim using injury solicitors in Chew Magna
If you have been injured in a cycling accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury solicitors in Chew Magna.
Call their 24/7 telephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and speak to a friendly and helpful adviser who can answer any queries about claiming with their injury solicitors in Chew Magna quickly over the phone.
Their injury solicitors in Chew Magna will even process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis. Why not try their 30 second unique online test and see if you can claim with their injury solicitors in Chew Magna today? It’s your right to claim!
Date Published: 4th December 2013
Author: David Brown