How to recognise a medical scam – injury solicitors in Castle Donington
Medical scams are some of the worst scams out there as they seriously affect your health as well as your bank balance. Medical scams do exist, and there are scam artists out there who are looking to trick you into parting with money for cures for various illnesses or even to keep you healthy. It is crucial that you be aware of these scammers, as using treatments which are not proven or medically tested can be dangerous.
- Look out for outlandish claims. A product which claims to completely cure an illness which previously has not been curable is obviously a scam, but you should look for anything which promises more than what over-the-counter or prescribed medicines can do. If it really was the best then your doctor would prescribe it.
- Beware of unknowing scammers. Sometimes friends or family will recommend a product to you because they believe it works, and have been scammed themselves. Do your research on any product to see if it lives up to its claims, before you believe the testimony of anyone.
- Ask about side effects. If you are told that there are no side effects then the product is more than likely going to be bogus. Every medical treatment has side effects, and doctors are more than willing to tell you what they are.
- Find out the official title of the doctor. All medical professionals have an official title, which is how you recognise them as genuine. Look up any title given to you by someone claiming to be a registered medical professional, and you will be able to work out whether this person is genuine or not.
- Check with your own doctor. Before you take any medicines or go for any treatments, ask your own registered doctor for their advice on whether you should go for the treatment or not. This is the best way to tell whether the official medical community backs it up.
How to claim compensation through injury solicitors in Castle Donington
If you have been injured by a medical scam then you may be able to claim compensation for any injuries and stress caused by the situation. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 to speak to the friendly, helpful team about your situation. They will be able to talk you through what happened and help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation.
If you do then you will be passed on to injury solicitors in Castle Donington who will work with you on processing your claim. Your injury solicitors in Castle Donington will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to get you the compensation you deserve, and will also work entirely on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to face the other party in court. Your injury solicitors in Castle Donington will keep you up to date with what is happening with your claim, but you can also call the helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you want to ask any questions.