You may think that because traffic has slowed down or even stopped at traffic lights, that this is the safest place you can be on the road. But actually, there is usually a lot happening around traffic lights, and they are placed where they are to make a difficult location a bit safer for those involved. You still have to have your wits about you when you reach traffic lights, though, as otherwise you could easily get into an accident.
How to be safe at traffic lights – injury solicitors in Carterton
Here are some tips on staying safe when you are at traffic lights.
- Pause. When a light turns green it means that you are able to start moving. However, you should always pause for a moment even if it does irritate the cars behind you, as someone may run the red light on the other side and this could lead to an accident.
- Keep an eye out for pedestrians. On busy roads it is very common for pedestrians to try to dash across the road if it looks clear, and as a light turns green this may be the case.
- Look out for oncoming traffic and pedestrians if you are turning at a green light. If you are turning left you should yield to straight and if you are turning right you should yield to pedestrians.
- Think carefully when you see a yellow light. Yellow lights mean to slow down or get ready to start moving, but each yellow light should be seen as a judgement call as you decide what is safest.
- If you come across a yellow light but you don’t have time to stop, then accelerate a little to get past it before it turns red. However be careful and watch out for other cars and pedestrians as you do so.
- Leave plenty of space when you are stopping at a red light and be aware of the amount of space you leave between yourself and the car in front.
Compensation through injury solicitors in Carterton
If you do have an accident at traffic lights, and this accident is caused by the negligence of someone else, then you may be entitled to claim compensation. It is easiest to claim compensation through injury solicitors in Carterton, who will be able to look into your claim and put together the most successful case for you.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims and will be able to offer you professional and dedicated injury solicitors in Carterton or anywhere in the UK who will work with you on your claim. You can call the helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 to speak to the team, who will talk you through your accident and help you to decide whether you have a good case for compensation or not. If you do then you will be passed over to injury solicitors in Carterton or elsewhere in the UK who will work on a no-win, no-fee* basis to get you the compensation you deserve.