When you break your leg the actual break will be traumatic enough, but dealing with the repercussions of a broken leg will take even longer to get used to, and you may struggle for some time.
Dealing with a broken leg with injury solicitors in Carradale
A broken leg means that your freedom is severely limited for a long time, as the bone takes time to heal. You may be dealing with the emotional fallout from a break as well, as the pain and shock of the situation is bound to resonate with you for some time. Here are some tips on coping with day to day life with a broken leg.
- Use a plastic bag to cover the cast when you shower. The cast must not get wet, but you will want to be able to shower easily while your leg is in plaster. A plastic bag tied around the cast will stop it getting wet and allow you to shower easily.
- Use baby powder to stop itching. The cast will become itchy over time, as you naturally sweat, so baby powder will help to keep your leg in the cast dry and more comfortable.
- Get crutches. Although you may start out in a wheelchair when you are in the hospital, using crutches will actually make you feel more able and let you get on with your day to day life sooner rather than later. It will also keep you fit and healthy whilst you are healing.
- Speak to someone. Be it a therapist or just a friend or family member, dealing with the emotional distress of a broken leg is easier when you can speak to someone about it. Don’t look for solutions to how you are feeling, just express them to someone that is willing to listen.
- Accept help. Although you will want to carry on as normal as much as you can, don’t be shy about accepting help from those who offer.
Finding injury solicitors in Carradale
If you have broken your leg in an accident which was not your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation. You can best find out whether you are entitled to compensation or not by contacting injury solicitors in Carradale and explaining the circumstances of your accident to them. Or you can just call our helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline is here for you
Don’t keep searching for injury solicitors in Carradale. We are experienced and dedicated injury specialists who will be able to give you the best advice possible about making a claim, and then deal with your claim on your behalf to save you the stress and worry of the claims process.
You can call our helpline on 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile phone on 0333 500 0993 to speak to our advisors who will help you to decide whether or not you have a good case for compensation.Open Claim Calculator
If you do then you will work with us on a no-win, no-fee* basis to get the compensation you deserve.