If you are a motorcyclist, you’ll know just how exhilarating getting out on the open road can be. It’s a wonderful thing, and it’s probably the very reason you bought a bike in the first place. But as injury lawyers know, it can also be a dangerous thing.
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm with nationwide coverage, so if you need injury solicitors in Bramhall, you can come to us. If you need injury solicitors anywhere in the country, you can come to us. Make us your first choice – location is not a barrier to us working together. Plus, knowing where to go when you need to talk to the experts means you’ll save time searching for injury solicitors in Bramhall when you really don’t need to.
Of course, the best solution for everyone is to avoid being in a motorcycle accident. It’s not always possible, but here are some tips to help you, just in case.
How to avoid a motorcycle accident
- As with any road user, the most important thing for a motorcyclist is to be alert. This is especially crucial when at a junction or roundabout – other road users may be mistaken in thinking that they have time to manoeuvre before you reach them, so it is important to anticipate their moves where possible.
- Another factor in many motorcycle accidents is that the motorcyclist was not seen by the other driver. Using dipped headlights in daytime and wearing fluorescent or bright colours at all times will give more people the chance to see you – and avoid you.
Driving in the centre of your lane is the safest place for a motorcyclist. It gives you good vision all around and it also means that people are less likely to attempt to overtake. When you do need to make a turn, remember to always use your indicators and to move over to the side of the road before the making the turn.
- Overtaking is a big problem for motorcyclists. Whether it is an accident caused by a car or a larger vehicle attempting to overtake the bike or it is caused by the bike overtaking something else, it can be a fatal move. If you are going to overtake, ensure you can see far enough ahead of you to guarantee your safety. Never overtake near a junction, on a hill, or on a bend.
- Speed can also be a factor in motorcycle accidents. Follow the speed limit – it’s there for a reason and it will have been limited in line with the overall safety of the road. Going faster is dangerous.
- The weather is another problem for all drivers but for motorcyclists it can be even worse. Drive sensibly, and if you don’t have to go out, don’t.
In need of injury solicitors in Bramhall?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, either as a driver or a passenger, then why not speak to Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile?
We have UK-wide coverage, so no matter where you live or where the accident happened, we can help you. You don’t need to worry about finding injury solicitors in Bramhall when Accident Advice Helpline, with our 15 plus years of experience in the sector, can give you all the advice you need to start your claim.
Date Published: 27th December 2013
Author: David Brown