Treating yourself to a beauty treatment at a spa or local beauty salon is one of life’s little luxuries, but if you are injured as a result of receiving a beauty treatment, a dream spa day can turn into a nightmare. If you are thinking about using injury solicitors in Betchworth, discover how Accident Advice Helpline can help you make a personal injury claim.
Making a claim using injury solicitors in Betchworth
If you live in the area, you may think you can only use injury solicitors in Betchworth, but you can actually ask Accident Advice Helpline to process your personal injury claim. Our solicitors have been helping people all over the UK for over 15 years and, as most claims can be processed over the phone, you can make a claim without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
Common beauty treatment injuries:
- Burns to the scalp caused by chemicals or hair dye;
- Allergic reactions to beauty products including hair dye, creams, lotions and wax; or
- Eye injuries
Not only do beauty treatment injuries ruin what should be an enjoyable experience, but they can also have a long-lasting impact on your health and self-esteem.
What can go wrong?
All beauty therapists and hairdressers should be trained and must be in possession of the appropriate qualifications for any treatments they administer. There are certain precautions that should be taken by all beauty treatment professionals, including:
- Hair dyes and any other chemicals should be patch-tested 24 hours before full use to ensure the client is not allergic to the product or any of its components.
- A therapist must ascertain whether or not a client has any existing allergies or health conditions before administering any treatments.
- All equipment used should be appropriate for the specific treatment being carried out, and if faulty, should be repaired or replaced before being used again.
- Products should only be left on the client’s body or hair for the specified amount of time.
- Equipment should be used appropriately.
Unfortunately, some beauty therapists and hairdressers take shortcuts which can result in their clients being injured. You should not suffer because of their negligence.
How much compensation will I get?
Compensation can assist with ongoing medical treatment and can also be awarded to reflect the stress and anguish suffered by the injured party. The amount you receive will depend on your individual circumstances and by speaking with one of our legal experts you can receive an estimate as to how much you could be awarded.
Accident Advice Helpline can help you get much-needed compensation and, as we are no win, no fee solicitors, you will not have to pay solicitors’ fees if your claim is unsuccessful.
If you can’t find experienced injury solicitors in Betchworth, or would rather rely on a legal team with an outstanding record of success and unmatched experience, call Accident Advice Helpline today.
Our freephone number is 0800 689 0500 or if you are calling from a mobile it is 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 27th December 2013
Author: David Brown