Last year over 1.2 million working people were reported to be suffering from a work-related injury or illness, according to the Health and Safety Executive. Although saddening, this figure is not surprising as work-related accidents and illnesses have been on the rise in the UK for several years now.
If you have experienced an accident at work that has left you injured or if you have suffered an illness related to your job, you could be due a financial payout via a personal injury compensation claim.
What type of work-related accidents can I claim for?
You can claim for any accident or illness, which was caused by the negligence of your employer or perhaps even another work colleague.
Examples of work-related illnesses and injuries include:
- Back strains from lifting heavy items
- Injuries caused by faulty equipment such as plant equipment, machines, power tools, etc.
- Slips, trips and falls due to spillages, unclean working environments, uneven flooring, loose cabling, etc.
- Head injuries as a result of items falling from height
- Repetitive strain injuries from performing the same actions and motions on a daily basis or due to bad posture whilst working
- Hearing impairments, and in the worst cases deafness, from exposure to loud machinery or loud working environments
- Asbestosis if workers have come into contact with this harmful substance
These are just a few examples and the list, unfortunately, goes on. If you have suffered any of the injuries or illnesses listed above then you should action your right to claim so long as:Open Claim Calculator
- The accident or illness you are claiming for occurred within the last three years (although there are some exemptions to this rule for work-related cases);
- The injuries or symptoms were bad enough that you sought medical help; and
- Importantly, the incident, which led to your accident or illness, must have been caused by the negligence of someone else.
We advise you speak with a legal professional, regardless of whether or not you meet these conditions, as work-related personal injury cases are exceptionally complicated and, as already stated, there are some exceptions to the usual rules.
Looking for injury solicitors in Banstead?
If you would like to make a personal injury claim or simply wish to find out more information, you should get in touch with an injury solicitor. However, rather than use the service of a local firm of injury solicitors in Banstead, if this is where you live or where your accident took place, you should consider using a firm like us at Accident Advice Helpline instead.
We are a national law firm and as such our service covers all areas of the UK. Plus we are a specialist personal injury law firm with over 15 years’ experience and offer many benefits, such as our no win, no fee* policy, which smaller, local firms, like injury solicitors in Banstead, cannot compete with.
You want to give your claim the best possible chance of success so use the best firm available to you and in most cases this will be us.
Call us at Accident Advice Helpline today for free on 0800 689 0500 from a UK landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.
We look forward to helping you!