If you want to make a compensation claim with help from an injury solicitor in Stoke Poges, you’ll need to be able to prove that your injuries were caused by someone else. In order to obtain personal injury compensation, it’s essential to show that you weren’t responsible for the harm you suffered.
Making a claim with an injury solicitor in Stoke Poges
Anything that you think might help you claim should be passed to your injury solicitor in Stoke Poges, no matter how trivial it may seem. There are several things that can help to strengthen you claim, such as:
- Witnesses – If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask if they are prepared to make a witness statement. If they are, get their contact details so if their help is needed, Accident Advice Helpline can contact them.
- Photos – If you are able to, get photos of the accident scene. Ones taken on a mobile phone are good enough, and the more of them the better. If you are too badly injured to do this, as soon as you are able to, ask someone else to go and take photos for you.
- CCTV or video – CCTV and video from on board cameras are becoming more common, and can provide vital evidence for any claim.
- Accident reports – In some accidents, the police, HSE or other official bodies can be involved. If they are, they compile an accident report, which usually says who they think was to blame for the accident.
- Medical reports – Your injuries need to be proven as well, and medical reports from whoever treated you will be needed. The are times when the victim is asked to attend a separate medical assessment, and this can only help with your personal injury claim.
- Receipts – As part of a successful claim, you are able to recoup any extra expenses you have had to bear because of the accident, but you will need to keep receipts to prove that you have had to pay them.
- Wage slips – If you work, you can claim for any earnings that have been lost and your employer, or accountant if you are self employed, will be asked to confirm the figures you are claiming.
Getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline
With over 15 years experience of making successful claims we have been able to make the processes of claiming compensation simple, quick and efficient.
To find out more about taking legal action with an injury solicitor in Stoke Poges, contact us now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 5th January 2014
Author: David Brown