Accidents happen all the time and this is simply an unfortunate fact of life. Sometimes there is nothing we can do to avoid them as we can get caught up in the aftermath of other people’s actions. If this happens and as an innocent person you get hurt because of an accident that was not your fault, then you are entitled to make an accident compensation claim and seek cash compensation for your injuries. To do this you will need the help and expertise of an injury solicitor in Richmondshire through Accident Advice Helpline.
Injury solicitor in Richmondshire
Our injury solicitors in Richmondshire at Accident Advice Helpline has extensive experience and vast knowledge when it comes to compensation claims for accidents in the workplace. According to statistics published by the HSE the most common causes of accidents in the workplace were as follows:
- Over half the injuries from workplace accidents were of three kinds: falls from height; contact with moving machinery; and being struck by a vehicle.
- Electricity, fire and drowning/asphyxiation accidents accounted for around one in twelve fatalities to workers, but fewer than one in a hundred non-fatal injuries to employees.
- Falls, slips and trips combined made up more than half of all reported major injuries and almost a third of over seven day injuries to employees.
- Slip and trip injuries were the most commonly reported, accounting for three in every ten injury reports. Handling was the most frequent cause of over seven day injury.
- An estimated three million working days were lost due to handling injuries and slips & trips.
It is of the utmost importance to follow training and safety procedures, as well as using the correct, provided safety equipment. This applies to all types of equipment, including ear protectors in noisy environments, safety harnesses, goggles and so on. Doing this will help to prevent injuries at work, as well as ensuring if something does happen, you can claim for compensation. It is also important that you are kept up to date with health and safety training and your employer should make you aware of any changes.
If you were injured in an accident at your place of work, due to no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation. Calling Accident Advice Helpline and speaking to an injury solicitor in Richmondshire will enable you to discuss your work-related accident confidentially with helpful, friendly advisers. The free-phone helpline is available 24/7, and advisers can quickly determine if you qualify for a claim. Accident Advice Helpline is here to answer your questions, give you expert legal advice and provide you with the legal representation that you need to make a successful claim.
Date Published: 5th October 2014
Accident at Work stats for Richmondshire
|Non Fatal Injuries||54||67||62|