How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury solicitor in Northampton

    It is possible to claim compensation on behalf of a child if you are the parent of the child. Compensation can be claimed on behalf of a child if the accident was the fault of someone else. Compensation can be claimed for a number of different injuries including injuries that have been sustained at school. An injury solicitor in Northampton or a firm like Accident Advice Helpline will be able to assist you to claim compensation on behalf of your child.

    There are many parents that are unsure about whether or not they are able to claim compensation for the accident that their child has had.

    The compensation claims for child injuries can be made for children under the age of eighteen for injuries that have been sustained in slips, trips, medical accidents and road traffic accidents.

    The injury claim needs to be made by a parent and when the case is successful the amount of compensation that is awarded will be known as an infant settlement approval. The compensation is held in a trust fund for a child until they reach the age of eighteen unless it is needed for the child earlier, for example for special schooling or medical schooling. If the child turns eighteen before the accident then they have until the age of twenty one to make a claim for compensation.

    School accidents

    It is very common for children to have accidents at school and most of these result in grazed knees and in many cases there is nobody to blame. If the child is injured because appropriate steps have not been taken to keep the child safe then it will be possible to claim compensation. Compensation claims for accidents at school are usually made against the Local Education Authority or the governing body of the school.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Making a claim for compensation – an injury solicitor in Northampton

    When it comes to making a claim for compensation there is two main options which are an injury solicitor in Northampton or a national law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. If you would like Accident Advice Helpline to represent your case then give the professional team of advisors a call on 0800 689 0500 or fill in the short application form that is located on the website.

    There is a short thirty second test on the website and this will let you know if you can claim compensation and how much you might be able to get, however, the amount is only a rough guide because every case is different. When you first make contact with Accident Advice Helpline, a professional advisor will ask you some questions to clearly determine what has happened. Once a clear report has been formed the case will then be passed to the most appropriate solicitor who will represent your case. The appointed solicitor will take care of all the paperwork and keep you up to date with everything all the way through the case right up until the point where you receive your compensation.

    Date Published: 9th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident at Work stats for Northampton

    Non Fatal Injuries454409427
    Fatal Injuries000

    Source: HSE

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.