Working in industries in Kelso or elsewhere is one of the most dangerous occupations, which can lead to industrial illnesses and diseases which can be disabling or may lead to death. You may have developed such threatening conditions requiring an injury solicitor in Kelso to advise you.
Although health and safety rules and regulations are enforced in dangerous workplaces like industries, yet, serious injuries that affect the victim in the long-term can occur. An accident can be fatal if it happens and employers should ensure that they provide employees with a safe work environment. If you are involved in such an accident which is work-related you can claim personal injury compensation from the employers’ liability insurance.
Where will you start?
If you are searching for an injury solicitor you can start by calling Accident Advice Helpline on their 24/7 free phone number 0800 689 0500 or take the 30 seconds test on their website.
Although they do not have access to a local injury solicitor in Kelso they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need an injury solicitor in Kelso look no further than this expert service.
Such industrial illnesses and diseases can be handled even after 3 years since some of them like asbestos-related symptoms take 15-30 years to develop. You should consult a solicitor to know if you can make a valid compensation claim after this prolonged time and Accident Advice Helpline are specialists in this type of claims.Open Claim Calculator
Looking for help from an injury solicitor
Emergency services should be sought after industrial accidents or injuries so immediate medical attention and first aid can be given to victims who might need to be rushed to hospital.
You will require an injury solicitor if you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence.
- Loss of limbs-workers should be trained to handle equipment otherwise a finger or hand can be lost.
- Inhalation of hazardous materials-in industries the victim may inhale dangerous elements leading to lung infections and cancer. Depending on the chemicals inhaled this condition can become fatal especially when the employer fails to provide protective clothing like masks.
- Burns and scalds-a fire in an industry can spread fast where electricity, chemicals and oil are used. Flammable materials should be stored away from the sources of fire. Serious burns can take long to heal especially if they require grafting. Blisters can form on the skin making it very painful. Painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen can be used to control pain. The patient can be hospitalized for months or years and a compensation claim in such a case can be handled by an injury solicitor on behalf of the patient so the family does not bear the burden of paying high medical bills.
- Cuts and disfigurement-cuts result from tools, machinery and equipment. Disfigurement from a burn can be corrected by surgery but medical expenses can be quite high.
- Kidney failure-this is a serious condition which can develop after inhaling chemicals. It is manageable but it can also be fatal. Professional medical attention is necessary for such conditions.