Isle of Dogs is located in the East End of London with one of the main meanders of the River Thames on the east, west and south of the town. Most of the area is accessed through a bridge or tunnel. The Thames Path National Trail, the Greenwich foot tunnel and the National Cycle Network are famous among pedestrians and cyclists.
The Canary Wharf development has been expanding over the years. The office and retail area has a high employment population and construction is common in this area. You may get hurt on or around a construction site prompting you to search for an injury solicitor on the Isle of Dogs.
Call Accident Advice Helpline
You may not be aware that you can get help from Accident Advice Helpline but Esther Rantzen, a television personality and a consumer rights champion recommends it. This national organisation which has been tested and trusted by many other victims over the years will connect you to an experienced injury solicitor.
There are many solicitors but it is advisable to call Accident Advice Helpline on free numbers 0800 689 0500 and 0333 500 0993 for advice or fill up the 30-second test on their website to know if you qualify to make a compensation claim.
Although they do not have an injury solicitor on the Isle of Dogs Accident Advice Helpline can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury solicitor on the Isle of Dogs look no further than this expert service.
Why get help from an injury solicitor?
Every year in the UK and elsewhere the construction industry reports deaths and serious injuries caused by falls from heights, excavation accidents, motor vehicle collisions and electrocution. Workers, pedestrians, drivers and passengers are at higher risks of these accidents. Protective clothing with reflectors, hard hats, goggles, boots and gloves should be worn.
Your injury solicitor will make a claim based on the pain and suffering the patient underwent and mental anguish, loss of earnings (current and future) and loss of quality of life among others.
You can experience some of the following dangers and require an injury solicitor.
- Falls from heights-these cause a lot of injuries and fatalities. Health and safety protective measures should be adhered to. These include warning hazard signs, ramps and rails should be installed in the right place.
- Falling objects-the workers should wear hard hats to avoid being struck by falling objects.
- Equipment-workers should be trained to use equipment and machinery. They should also be trained on how to detect hazards and control the situation.
- Motor vehicle accidents-these are common on or around construction sites. Drivers should be cautious as they approach a construction site whether it is a road, bridge or building under construction.
- Safe work environment-the contractor is responsible for providing a safe work environment to avoid work related accidents.
- Burns and scalds-these can result from the tar that is boiled to high temperatures.
- Inhaling chemicals-construction requires use of chemicals like asbestos which can lead to some types of cancer.
- Noise-this is a type of pollution which can lead to deafness.
Date Published: 1st December 2013
Author: David Brown