Invergordon is a town which serves as a port in East Ross, Scotland. Large cruise liners visit this deep water port which serves as a coach tour disembarking for eastern Highlands.
This town is known for its oil rigs. As early as in the 1970s many workers were brought from Glasgow to work in the oil rigs and smelting industries making the dialect more like that of Glasgow residents.
Working in an oil rig is one of the most dangerous occupations requiring an injury solicitor in Invergordon. Although health and safety rules and regulations are enforced in dangerous workplaces like oil rigs, gas rigs, construction and fishing industries, yet an accident can be fatal if it happens.
Serious injuries that affect the victim in the long-term can occur. If you are involved in such an accident which is work-related you can claim personal injury compensation from the employer liability insurance.
Where will you start?
If you are searching for an injury solicitor in Invergordon and you are not sure where to start, you can call Accident Advice Helpline or take the 30 seconds test on their website. Some symptoms may delay and appear after the expiry of 3 years.
Such industrial illnesses and diseases can be handled even after 3 years. You should consult your solicitor to know if you can make a valid compensation claim.
Looking for help from an injury solicitor in Invergordon?
You will require an injury solicitor in Invergordon if you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence. Emergency services should be sought after oil rig accidents so immediate medical attention and first aid can be given to victims who might need to be rushed to a hospital.
- Sliding and falling-oil rigs can be wet and slippery. Workers can slide and fall breaking their limbs.
- Burns and scalds-a fire in an oil rig can spread fast and get out of control which can lead to an explosion. Serious burns can take long to heal especially if they require grafting. Treating the wounds can become complicated if they become infected. Blisters can form on the skin making it very painful. Painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen can be used to control pain. The patient can be hospitalized for months or years and a compensation claim in such a case can be handled by an injury solicitor in Invergordon on behalf of the patient so the family does not bear the burden of paying high medical bills.
- Scars and disfigurement-scars result when the skin is damaged. Disfigurement can be corrected by surgery but medical expenses can be quite high.
- Inhalation of dangerous chemicals-in an oil rig the victim may inhale dangerous elements leading to lung infections. Depending on the chemicals inhaled this condition can become fatal especially when the employer did not provide protective clothing like masks.
- Kidney failure-this is a serious condition which is manageable but it can also be fatal. Professional medical attention is necessary for such conditions.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now.