How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury solicitor in Chapeltown

    Slips, trips and fall accidents

    A simple trip in the street can lead to all sorts of injuries and problems like back injuries, paralysis, broken bones and head injuries.

    Slips, trips and falls often occur in public areas where surfaces are unsafe e.g. wet surfaces, oil spillage, uneven pavement etc. Snow and ice are also very common causes of these types of accidents. You should certainly contact an injury solicitor in Chapeltown.

    If your accident took place inside a building that is open to the public, a bank or shop for example, the claim you make would be claimed on the occupier’s public liability insurance.

    If the accident took place on an area owned by the local council such as a public foot path you should be able to make a personal injury claim against the local authority itself. However you would not be entitled to make a claim if the accident occurred because of an object left outside a council property by the tenant unless you could show that the council itself was to blame.

    If you have suffered a slip, trip or fall accident in a public area due to someone else’s negligence and you are thinking of making a claim for compensation you will need to prove that the area on which you slipped or tripped was in a dangerous condition and was the actual cause of the accident. Your injury solicitor in Chapeltown will be able to help you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It helps your case especially if you have photographs and measurements of what you tripped on taken as soon after the accident as possible.

    When you have an accident, even though it may not be possible straight away if you have suffered a major injury as a result, it is important keep a record of what happened and photographic evidence if possible. This is particularly important when claiming against pavement trips and it may help to take a picture next to a ruler to show the precise measurements of the hazard. Take a photograph of the surrounding area too, as this will help prove the exact location of the hazard.

    If there are any witnesses, make sure you ask for their name and contact details as this may be helpful when making your claim for compensation.

    If you have needed medical attention as a result of an accident in the street, be sure to keep all evidence which should include any treatments that were prescribed.

    Keep receipts of any injury related expenses. You may be able to claim these back.

    N.B.The same principles apply to cyclists and pedestrians who fall as a result of a pothole in the road.

    To get started call one of our helpline advisors for free, no-obligation advice. We will guide you through every step of the claims process with sensitivity and professionalism, and can often handle claims entirely by telephone. This means it’s highly unlikely you’ll need to attend court, although a further medical assessment may be required to support your case. We are here to help with you injury solicitor in Chapeltown needs.

    To make a claim today, simply call our 24 hours advice line on 0800 689 0500, or fill out our short online claim form.

    Date Published: 31st December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.