Making a claim and worried about your medical assessment?
There really is no need to be as it is a basic treatment that has actually been put in place to assist you, if you are making a claim with an injury solicitor in Cartmel they will have clinical practitioners in the area and it is one of these that you will be asked to go to.
Even if you have decided to make a claim with a nationwide business there will be no need for you to take a trip to see a doctor; you will be asked to attend one close to you. Many claims can be handled completely by telephone without the need for any visits at all, but if there are issues following your accident, then a clinical evaluation is required to figure out exactly how long you are likely to stay injured.
Injury Solicitor in Cartmel – the medical evaluation procedure
- When you have actually got your letter inviting you to go to a visit then the procedure is the same whoever you are making your claim with.
- You will be asked if you offer your approval for the selected doctor to see your medical records. This involves the signing of a paper so that the examining practitioner can see your full medical history and discover any existing complaints you may have.
- Attend your consultation which will usually be at a personal centre near your home. You will be asked a series of questions about your injury and what medical conditions you already have. You will then be given a thorough examination which will last up to twenty minutes. This is not the time to be shy. If you are asked to undress then do so as the doctor requires to plainly see the extent of your injuries.
- A report is generated that is completely confidential and will not be released to any individual without your authorisation.
- Your doctor produces a clinical record that is passed on to your lawyer, this will include the length of time he thinks it will take you to recover and the treatment you could should receive.
- The record is then utilised as evidence by your lawyer in making your compensation claim.
- When it is being produced, the report is important to the final result of your claim so it is crucial that you are entirely honest.
Accident Advice Helpline
Selecting an experienced company is vital when looking for an injury solicitor in Cartmel will have lawyers who can help you however you can decide to utilise a national business who deal with nothing but compensation claims day in day out. Accident Advice Helpline have been doing just that for over ten years and have a large nationwide legal team ready to assist you. If you want to learn more then call them today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993