How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Ogbourne St George advise against drink driving

    Don’t drink and drive this Christmas

    Wiltshire Police have already launched their drink driving campaign. Throughout the month of December, police in Wiltshire will be stepping up their roadside efforts to crackdown on drink drivers.

    Sadly, there are still many people who think that drink driving is OK. Injury lawyers in Ogbourne St George have helped people who have been victims of drink driving accidents to claim for the compensation that they deserve. The compensation will help them adapt to the life they have with their injuries.

    12-month driving ban

    Drink driving can mean a 12-month driving ban, a criminal record and a large insurance premium once the driver is back on the road. It can also mean that the person caught drink driving could lose their job or even face jail time.

    Did you know that over a million motorists drink and drive each year. Christmas is a peak time due to festivities and Christmas parties, but the number of road traffic accidents can be significantly reduced if people choose to abstain from alcohol when taking the role as designated driver.

    Know your limits

    Our advice to you is; understand your limits and don’t go over them.  The limit is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The difficulty is that alcohol affects people in different ways.  Injury lawyers in Ogbourne St George advise that If you are driving then it is advisable to stick with soft drinks and not drink any alcohol.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you are out and about this Christmas then make sure you plan how you are getting home in advance.  Nominate a designated driver before you head out, and if you feel that they have been drinking then make sure you call a taxi. Never get in the car with someone that you feel has been drinking.

    Angus Macpherson, Wiltshire and Swindon’s Police and Crime Commissioner has said, “I would encourage people to use the drink drive hotline to report those suspected as being over the limit while behind the wheel.” You may stop someone from causing a road traffic accident.

    If you have been a victim of a drink driving accident then you might be eligible for compensation.  At Accident Advice Helpline we are on hand 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 to answer your call.  We offer friendly and expert advice.  All of our injury lawyers work on a no win no fee basis.

    Date Published: 8th December 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.