Have you suffered a workplace injury? You need the help of injury lawyers in Wimborne!
Workplace accidents are some of the most common types of injuries that occur. Whilst the legal responsibility of Health and Safety at Work rests with the employer, the employee also has to take some responsibility for keeping themselves and their fellow workers safe by being vigilant, observing regulations and checking that equipment is correctly installed and used properly in accordance with any instruction that they have been given.
Working in a machine shop or work shop environment means that there are additional hazards and dangers that have to be taken into consideration when working in these areas. Extra care needs to be taken and you should:
- Always ensure that tools are stored correctly and not left out causing a trip or fall hazard
- Wipe up spills swiftly and thoroughly to reduce the chance of slipping and falling
- Wear protective clothing, goggles and masks if using hazardous chemicals or materials
- Use protective, disposable gloves to protect hands from constant use of liquids
- Wear overalls and protective garments to ensure that you remain protected from spills and chemicals
- Use safety guards where provided to protect yourself and others from debris and swarfe. Refuse to use a machine that does not have them fitted.
- Keep your workplace clean and tidy to avoid trips, slips and falls.
- Avoid overloading electrical sockets and keep wiring short to avoid trailing wires causing a trip hazard
- Be especially vigilant if you are working at height. Ensure that the surface you are working on is stable, secure and safe.
Claiming for your workplace injury using injury lawyers in Wimborne
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been injured in a workplace accident that wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years‘, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyers in Wimborne.
Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm with an established team of expert advisers who can offer no obligation free legal advice and information about making an injury claim using their injury lawyers in Wimborne, If you decide to go ahead and proceed with making an injury claim using their injury lawyers, they will process the claim on your behalf on a 100% no win no fee* basis; leaving you to concentrate on your recovery.
To find out if you are eligible to make an injury claim, why not try their unique 30 second online test and challenge your claim? Within seconds you can find out if you can claim using their injury lawyers in Wimborne and how much you are likely to be awarded.
Don’t delay! Call or go online and take part in Accident Advice Helpline’s claims test today!