Been travelling abroad and had an accident? Speak to the injury lawyers Wiltshire
Unfortunately nowhere is immune from accidents and they may even happen when you are on holiday abroad! Many of us choose to ditch the all inclusive package holiday and opt for the more adventurous choice of travelling alone, to more far flung places independently of package tour operators.
It is sensible to consider and think about your personal safety whilst on trips such as these, as you can easily find yourself in a vulnerable position if you fail to plan accordingly. Whilst illness is something you can’t avoid, injuries and accidents can be anticipated.
Safety whilst travelling abroad – before you go
- Obtain adequate travel insurance before you embark on your trip. Ensure that the cover is sufficient for your destination and medical needs.
- Check that your passport is in date for the duration of your trip!
- Consult a medical practitioner to check that any vaccinations are given and any medicines are prescribed for the countries you intend to visit.
- Consult the Foreign Office website for advice and information about the political and civil situations in the countries you wish to visit.
Safety whilst abroad – whilst you’re away
- Never hitchhike.
- Only use recommended taxis
- Avoid overcrowded ferries, trains and buses
- If you hire a car, check that its tyres, brakes, lights and seat belts work
- If you hire a moped or bike, always wear a safety helmet.
- If you have been drinking, don’t be tempted to swim afterwards or jump from a balcony.
- Check the depth of the water before diving.
- Each country has it’s own rules and laws. It is important that you obey them and don’t cause offence.
Safety whilst abroad – your personal safety
- Avoid large crowds of people and people demonstrating.
- Wear modest clothes and don’t wear expensive jewelry
- Be aware of your surroundings and don’t let your guard down.
- You may be a target for pickpockets and thieves.
- Don’t use illegal drugs or be tempted to carry drugs for others.
Your injury claim using injury lawyers Wiltshire
If you have been injured as the result of an accident or incident that wasn’t your fault whilst travelling abroad within the last 3 years’, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim with Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyers Wiltshire.
With over 13 years’ experience, their injury lawyers Wiltshire can process your compensation claim on your behalf on a 100% no win no fee basis. Accident Advice Helpline offer a 24/7 helpline to answer any queries you may have about claiming using their injury lawyers Wiltshire.Open Claim Calculator
Try their unique 30 second on line test and see if you can claim using their injury lawyers Wiltshire today! It will also give you an estimate of the amount of compensation you can expect to receive.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.