Developed Vibration White Finger? Call the expert injury lawyers Wilmington!
Vibration White Finger is also more commonly known as Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS). As the name suggests, Vibration White Finger is caused by long term and prolonged use of vibrating machinery and hand held tools.
How does vibrating equipment cause this syndrome?
It is unclear quite how this affects the nerves in the fingers and hands, but it is thought that the small blood vessels become slightly damaged through the repetitive and long term use of vibrating machinery.
What are the symptoms of this syndrome?
- This damage means that the circulation of blood through the fingers and hands causes nerves to become damaged in the process.
- As a result, the fingers change colour from red to blue and finally white, as the blood flow declines.
- The sensitivity of the fingers is compromised and numbness will become apparent and may become permanent.
- A loss of manual dexterity may force the victim to be unable to carry out fine motor tasks independently.
- Pain and throbbing of the fingers can mean that the victim is unable to grip or work with their hands normally.
What types of equipment are linked to this condition?
The long term and repetitive use of all types of vibrating hand held tools and machinery have been linked to the development of Vibration White Finger. These include:
- pneumatic drills
- impact wrenches
- power drills
What responsibility do employers have?
It is the legal duty of employers to ensure that their employees are protected under health and safety legislation while they are at work. Vibration White Finger is classified as an industrial injury and if your employer failed in their duty to protect you, then you may be eligible to make an industrial injury compensation claim using Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm with over 13 years’ experience of helping people to claim their legal right to compensation. They provide a 24 hour, 7 day a week telephone helpline to answer any queries you may have about making an industrial injury compensation claim using their injury lawyers Wilmington.
Once you are in possession of the relevant facts about making a compensation claim, it is up to you to decide if you wish to proceed with making an industrial injury claim using their injury lawyers Wilmington.
If you decide to go ahead, then their professional injury lawyers Wilmington will ensure that your claim is processed in accordance with their core principles of reliability, dependability, accountability and integrity at all times.
Why not try Accident Advice Helpline’s unique 30 second online test to explore if you have a valid claim?
Can your claim pass the compensation test?