How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Whiston

    Injury lawyers in Whiston

    Few people relish the prospect of having to arrange for an elderly relative to see out their autumn years in a care home. On top of the cost, which can substantially eat into an older person’s estate, there’s the emotional toll on both the elderly person themselves and the guilt felt by the wider immediate family. Sometimes however, there can be few alternatives. If an elderly relative can no longer look after themselves in their own home and there are no relatives with either the time or the resources to take on the role of full-time carer, the services of a care home can be the only option.

    Many care homes strive to give their residents the best service they can manage. Many care home workers are extremely dedicated, and despite being paid a comparatively low wage, take pride in giving their all to ensuring their charges enjoy their final years in comfort. Unfortunately though, there are a small minority of care home managers and staff who do not take their responsibilities as seriously as they should. It’s likely you’ve seen media coverage of cases where the negligent or irresponsible – sometimes criminal – behaviour of care home managers or workers results in a resident becoming injured or made ill through no fault of their own.

    If you suspect an elderly relative of yours who resides in a care home has been injured as a result of the actions of negligent or irresponsible care home managers or staff, you may be able to use the services of a good injury lawyer in Whiston to take legal action on their behalf.

    Negligent care homes and injury lawyers in Whiston

    You may be able to use the services of an injury lawyer in Whiston to win compensation on behalf of an elderly relative who lives in a care home for a number of reasons. Perhaps your relative has developed sores after not being washed properly or not having their bed clothes changed frequently enough.

    Maybe your relative has suffered through not being given the right medication at the correct times of day. There might even be a possibility that a care home worker may have maliciously mistreated your relative, causing them to suffer an injury. In all these scenarios, you might be able use the services of an injury lawyer in Whiston to take action on your relative’s behalf.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Get the right advice

    If you suspect that a relative has been injured as a result of the incompetence or negligence of care home staff, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500. The firm might be able to take your case on a 100% no win-no fee basis.

    Date Published: 29th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.