How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Wetherby

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Wetherby

    Injury lawyers in Wetherby

    If you go for a meal at an eatery, whether it’s Scott’s in Mayfair or the local kebab shop down the road, the least you should be able to expect is to not be given an unpleasant dose of food poisoning. A ropey meal, maybe, but something would be very wrong if you had to spend the rest of the evening and the small hours of the morning after your meal in the bathroom with action at both ends, to use a footballing analogy.

    Unfortunately though, not all restaurant owners and their staff are as strict on food hygiene as they perhaps should be. All it takes is a missed use by date here or a badly stored perishable item there to have you sitting on the loo all night. If you’ve been made ill by a dodgy meal at a restaurant you visited, you may be able to get recompense for the suffering you had to endure as a consequence. If you can prove that your illness was caused as a direct result of a meal you consumed at a restaurant, you may be able to use the services of a first-rate injury lawyer in Wetherby to launch a personal injury claim and win compensation.

    Cases of food poisoning and injury lawyers in Wetherby

    Winning a personal injury case after suffering a bout of food poisoning won’t be as simple as waiting until you recover and then contacting an injury lawyer in Wetherby. Although the process is relatively straightforward, you’ll need to make sure you’ve gathered the evidence you’ll need to support your claim before taking action. Firstly, and most importantly, you’ll need to have official medical evidence that you did contract food poisoning and what type of bacteria you were infected with. To get this, you’ll simply need to seek medical attention after falling ill. Your doctor will typically take a small sample of your stool and send it away for analysis to determine what strain of bacteria you were infected with.

    Your injury lawyer in Wetherby will also benefit from proof of purchase from the eatery you were made ill by. If a friend paid for the meal, ask them for a copy of their card receipt or the bill.

    Retaining the best help

    Once all of the above is in place, you would be well advised to call a good 100% no win-no fee* personal injury solicitor’s firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. You can call the firm for free on 0800 689 0500. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can call right now, or whenever you want.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 30th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.