Been injured in a motorcycle accident? Call the injury lawyers in Wem to make a personal injury claim
Motorbikes offer riders the freedom and speed which is difficult to obtain when driving any other vehicle. In addition, motorbikes offer a relatively cost effective and accessible means of getting around easily, avoiding the congestion of long tailbacks and hold ups on the road networks.
However, riding a motorbike means that you are by its very design, more vulnerable to being injured should you become involved in a road traffic collision. A motorbike is designed with speed and aerodynamics in mind, not user safety features such as impact protection and crumple zones.
If you are a novice motorcyclist, then you may reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident by following a few simple tips:
- obtain some training prior to purchasing your first bike. Dealerships offer discounted training courses and you will gain experience and confidence about biking out on your own
- purchase some good quality leathers to protect yourself from the weather, the road surface and the elements that biking throws at you such as grit and flies.
- buy a decent, new helmet that fits correctly and is securely fastened. Don’t be tempted to buy a second hand helmet, as they are rarely a good fit and may have been involved in an accident already. Make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer as there are many fakes on the market,
- get quotes for insurance and check that you have adequate legal cover and accidental cover in case the worse happens
- wear decent biking boots with a sturdy heel and sole to help with gear changing and to maintain your balance whilst biking
- don’t be tempted to ride a bike that is too powerful for your abilities or experience as it could result in losing control and causing an accident
Claiming for your injury using injury lawwyers in Wem
If you, or some one you know, have suffered a motorbike injury that was caused by an accident that wasn’t their fault within the last 3 years’, then they may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim for their injuries using Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyers in Wem.
The dedicated team at Accident Advice Helpline are well established and highly experienced at providing no obligation advice and assistance to thousands of people who have made successful injury compensation claims using their injury lawyers Wem.
Their injury lawyers in Wem will process your claim on a 100% no win no fee basis, so call the 24/7 helpline or try their unique 30 second on line test and see if you are eligible to make a claim and get an estimate of the amount you may be awarded.
Date Published: 25th November 2013
Author: David Brown