Injury lawyers in Walton-on-Thames


Injury lawyers in Walton-on-Thames

Just because a food product is well within its use by date, it doesn’t mean you should not exercise caution if a packet you open gives off something of a nasty whiff, particularly if you’re dealing with a meat product.

But while you would be daft to cook and eat food that is clearly off but within its use by date, doing so may not preclude you from using the services of an injury lawyers Walton-on-Thames solicitor to sue the food retailer that sold you the dodgy item for compensation.

However, if the retailer can prove that you really should have noticed that the food in question had something wrong with it, it may be able to reduce any potential pay-out you were to win by arguing that your conduct contributed to the fact that you were made ill. This is a legal precedent known as contributory negligence.

Off food and injury lawyers in Walton-on-Thames

At the end of the day, if a retailer has sold you an item of food that it claimed was fit for human consumption when it in fact it was not and you became ill after having consumed it, an injury lawyer in Walton-on-Thames may be able to win you a pay-out regardless of whether it was obvious that the item in question was off. You may also be able to take action against a retailer that sold you an item that was past its use by date.

If you were to pick up a bottle of smoothie from a newsagent’s shelf, you should have the right to assume that you will be safe to open it immediately and consume the contents without checking the use by date. If after taking a gulp you realise that something is not right and take a look at the use by date to see it passed some time ago, you may have a case for a pay-out if you were to later become ill. Retailers have a responsibility to make sure any items that are past their use by dates are taken down and disposed of.

Legal help and assistance

If you’ve become ill after consuming a dodgy item of food or drink, you may be able to use the services of a good injury lawyer in Walton-on-Thames to win compensation from the negligent party, be that the retailer that sold you the item or its manufacturer.

You’ll first need to find out if an injury lawyers in Walton-on-Thames such as Accident Advice Helpline (AAH) might be able to take your case on a 100% no win-no fee basis.

So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )