How to protect yourself while shopping – injury lawyers in Virginstow
Although shopping isn’t exactly the most dangerous pastime you can get involved in, there are risks which it is important that you are aware of and try to stay safe. Any time you are out of the house and distracted you can put yourself at risk, and because shops are full of heavy equipment and spillable liquids it can be quite easy to have an accident in a store. If you have an accident which is the fault of someone else then you may be able to claim compensation, but in other situations it may not be possible and for this reason you should always try to stay as safe as possible.
- Shop in groups. Being with friends or family members puts you at less risk of being targeted by thieves or other attackers. If you are planning on being out after dark, being with others will also make it easier to get home.
- Be alert. Avoid distractions such as talking on the phone or listening to music as this can mean you are not as aware of possible hazards as you should be.
- Park close to the entrance. In larger stores there can be huge parking lots which have hidden areas that can make it hard for you to see your car, or other shoppers to see you as you head back to your car. Park as close to the shop front as possible to avoid being put at risk.
- Carry handbags across the body. Over the shoulder bags are much easier to grab than across the body bags. It is best to have a bag which poses a challenge to criminals, so that you are less likely to be targeted.
- Get help with your bags. Being weighed down by bags can make you more vulnerable, and also prevent you watching your step. If you have too many packages, ask the store for help getting them to your car, or for a home delivery.
If you need injury lawyers in Virginstow
If you do have an accident which is not your fault then you may want to use injury lawyers in Virginstow to claim compensation against the store in which you had your accident.
Wet floors which are not cleaned up immediately or signposted can mean you can claim compensation, as can negligence on the behalf of staff which leads to you being injured.
The best way to find out whether you have a good case for compensation or not is to call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. The friendly, helpful team will talk you through your accident to help you to decide whether you have a good case for compensation.
If you do then you will be passed onto injury lawyers Virginstow who will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
Your injury lawyers in Virginstow will also work on a 100% no win no fee basis, so you don’t have anything to lose!
Date Published: 25th November 2013
Author: David Brown