Self diagnosis – injury lawyers in Vale of Glamorgan
Before you go to a doctor you may want to try to self diagnose any symptoms you have been having. This means that if you have something which can be treated with over the counter medication you won’t need to bother with a doctor’s appointment, and also that if you feel that your doctor has not diagnosed you correctly you can challenge their assessment.
Being able to challenge your doctor can help you to get any potential illnesses or injuries diagnosed more quickly, and treated before they get worse. You can ask your doctor for a second opinion or visit another doctor, but having an idea of what is wrong before you go can make this process much quicker and easier.
- List your symptoms. Make sure you don’t miss anything out, even if you don’t feel that it is relevant.
- Consider your medical history. If there is a recurring illness in your past then think whether these symptoms tie in with this at all, as it is more likely to be something you have suffered with on and off for years than something new.
- Research online. Try not to upset yourself with some of the more dire diagnoses online, but do take into account everything that matches your symptoms, and list all of the possibilities so that you can research them further.
- Make a decision. Of all of the potential illnesses, work out which one most closely represents your symptoms and decide what you think you have.
- See a doctor or treat at home. If you want to try treating at home with over the counter medicine then try this, but if you find that this isn’t working you should see a doctor and let them confirm your illness.
Find injury lawyers in Vale of Glamorgan for a compensation claim
If you feel that an illness or injury has been misdiagnosed and made worse by the negligence of a medical professional, you may be able to claim compensation against them.
The best way to get the compensation you are entitled to is to go through injury lawyers who know the law well and will be able to file a comprehensive claim.
Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience in the field of personal injury claims, and will be able to provide you with experienced injury lawyers in Vale of Glamorgan who can help to get you the compensation you deserve.
You can call Accident Advice Helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and the team will talk you through your injury and situation, to help you to come to an agreement on whether you have a good case for compensation.
If you do then you will be passed over to injury lawyers in Vale of Glamorgan who will work on your case on your behalf, so you shouldn’t have to go to court. Your injury lawyers in Vale of Glamorgan will also work on a 100% no win no fee basis.
Date Published: 25th November 2013
Author: David Brown