Ullesthorpe is a small village in Leicestershire. It is known for its windmill, which is currently undergoing restoration. The village’s name comes from the Scandinavian personal name Úlfr. Traces of the medieval settlement are still visible on the edge of the village.
Residents of Leicestershire, just like anywhere else in the UK have to earn a living and hopefully none of them will be involved in an accident at work. If they are, and it is the fault of their employer, they may be entitled to make a personal injury claim and they might want to use the services of injury lawyers in Ullesthorpe.
Avoid personal injury claims
Employers have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their staff while in the workplace. This involves measures such as:
- Ensuring you have enough space to work without excessive twisting and turning
- Making sure walkways are kept clear of spillages and obstructions
- Providing necessary protective clothing, free of charge
- Making sure all equipment and machinery is in proper working order and has all the required safety attachments
- Providing adequate training in use of any equipment and machinery
- Having procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Carrying out regular fire drills
- Having a health and safety policy and making sure every employee is aware of it and implements it
- Carrying out risks assessments and acting on any recommendations the assessment advises
- Recording accidents, no matter how minor, in an accident boos
- Reporting serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
If any employer does not comply with the rules and regulation and an employee is injured as a result, they could have to face a personal injury claim.
HSE will check to ensure employees protection
HSE makes random visits to employer’s premises to ensure that everything is in order, and that the staff is safe. If they find anything wrong, depending how bad the breach is, they will either allow a few days to correct the situation, or close the business until the offence has been rectified.
Making a work related claim, using injury lawyers in Ullesthorpe
Even if your employer does everything by the book, makes sure all safety precautions are in place, you could get injured at work. If this is the case you may need to make a personal injury claim.
You may be struggling to find, or simply do not want to use, a local firm of injury lawyers in Ullesthorpe. Well luckily there are also national firms available to help with personal injury claims, such as Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline has the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your case successfully. Their solicitors have been dealing with such cases for many years; they have helped many thousands of claimants get the access to justice they were entitled to and the compensation they deserved.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, and speak to one of our friendly advisers about your work related accident, if you still wish to proceed they will start your claim for you. You do not have to pay any money to start you claim, so you have nothing to lose.