Injury lawyers in Tweedsmuir
All UK employers have a duty of care to their staff; they have to make sure the working environment is a safe place to be. If any member of staff has an accident at work that was not their fault they may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, using injury lawyers in Tweedsmuir. Among the health and safety measures they should take are:
- Making sure you have enough room to work in without excessive twisting and turning
- Making sure you take proper breaks
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order with all safety devices fitted
- Train the staff to operate equipment
- Provide protective clothing, free of charge
- Have regular fire drills
- Have a health and safety policy that all staff are aware of, and make sure they use it
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation
- Keep a record of all accidents, no matter how minor
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive
- Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
Although there are some exemptions, most employers must also have employers’ liability insurance with a minimum amount of cover of £5,000,000.
The employee has duties as well to avoid injuries and having to use injury lawyers in Tweedsmuir
Employees need to work with the employer to keep the work place safe and as part of this co-operation they should:
- Not appear at work the worse for alcohol, as this endangers other people and can mean instant dismissal
- Keep the work area in a tidy condition, if not you may cause someone else to have an accident by slipping, tripping or falling
- Ensure you wear any protective clothing provided
- Ensure any machinery is in proper working order before you use it, if not report it immediately and refuse to use it until it has been corrected
- Take any breaks that are part of the working day, tiredness can lead to lack of concentration which can be lethal
Even if you and your employer follow all the health and safety guidelines there will still be occasions when accidents happen. Accidents at work can be very nasty and cause untold damages to the person involved, both physical and psychological. This is when you might want to use injury lawyers in Tweedsmuir to make a personal injury compensation claim.
Making your injury claim
Here at Accident Advice Helpline we are specialists in personal injury claims, no matter the cause. We have a wealth of expertise gained during our many years in aiding people with their injury compensation claims.Open Claim Calculator
You can contact our free helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly professional advisors, to put your claim in motion, or you can complete the 30-second test on our website for a rough idea of the amount you may be awarded.
We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, so you have no need to worry about the costs. Its free whatever way you decide to contact us and you will have nothing to pay out until we have won your case.