Injury lawyers in Trondra


Injury lawyers in Trondra

Trondra is one of the Scalloway Islands, in Scotland. There are many fields of sheep and a few of Shetland ponies throughout the island. There is a variety of other wildlife present on and around the isle, such as hedgehogs, sparrows, starlings, seals and porpoises.

Hopefully none of the wildlife will eat any bad berries that upset their stomachs and give them food poisoning. Let’s hope none of the residents of Scotland or anywhere else in the UK eat any bad food either.  Food poisoning can make you feel really ill, and you may then want to use injury lawyers in Trondra to make a personal injury claim.

How injury lawyers in Trondra say you will know you have food poisoning

You will be aware you have food poisoning because usually within a few hours of eating the bad food you will be:

  • Feeling sick
  • Vomiting
  • Have diarrhoea
  • Have stomach cramps

The symptoms can take up to 3 days to start and should clear up by themselves within 3 or 4 days, if they do not you should seek medical treatment.  There are other problems with food poisoning such as dehydration and you should make sure you rest and drink plenty of water to avoid this.

The signs of dehydration

Dehydration can happen in more serious cases of food poisoning, and there are some groups of people it is more likely to happen to such as:

  • The very young
  • The elderly
  • People with low immune systems such as sufferers of HIV or cancer

The signs of dehydration are sunken eyes and passing small amounts of dark coloured and smelly urine and if this is happening, you may need to make an injury claim. In extreme cases of food poisoning the central nervous system can be damaged and even death occur.

Injury lawyers in Trondra warn about the foods that need extra care

Any food can become contaminated but it is more likely to happen with:

  • Cooked sliced meats
  • Raw eggs
  • Pate
  • Soft cheeses
  • Pre packed sandwiches
  • Unpasteurized milk
  • Poultry
  • Pork
  • Sausages
  • Kebabs
  • Burgers
  • Shellfish

Reporting your food poisoning

If you contract food poisoning you should report it to the Food Standards Agency that deal with these matters; they will arrange an inspection, unannounced, and ensure that the outlet is complying with the rules and regulations, and if they are not will make them do so.

Then you should contact Accident Advice helpline on their free helpline number, 0800 180 4123, and discuss your case with one of their friendly advisors.  They will discuss your claim with you, and give you all the information you need to decide if you want to pursue the claim. We have helped many thousands of claimants over the last 15 years to obtain the compensation they were entitled to, and among them have been numerous food poisoning claims.

Our website has what we call the 30-second test, which will let you know if you have a valid claim and give you an estimate of the amount you may be awarded.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )