Trafford Park is situated opposite Salford Quays in Greater Manchester and was the first planned industrial estate in the world.
In 1987 the Trafford Park Urban Development Corporation was formed and they have been very successful in attracting over 1000 new companies that by 2008 were employing over 35,000 workers.
All these employers at Trafford Park are the same as employers everywhere else in the respect that they have a legal duty to protect the health and safety of their employees whilst they are at work.
Employers and their legal duties, as injury lawyers in Trafford Park see it
It is not just one off accidents that employers need to guard against, but also more long-term problems that can be caused whilst at work. Health and Safety is a big issue these days, monitored by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who have no qualms about dealing with employers who put their staff at risk. Just some of the things employers should do are:
- Make sure the is enough room for the staff to work in with causing excessive twisting and turning
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency situation and make sure all staff are aware of the
- Have a health and safety policy, make sure all staff know the details and insist on its implementation
- Keep an accident book to record all accidents in, no matter how trivial they may seem
- Report serious accidents to HSE who will want to investigate them
- Make sure that employees have proper break periods
- Ensure walkways are kept free of spillages and obstructions
- Keep all plant and equipment in good working order ensuring any safety devices are fitted and working
- Train staff properly to use the plant and equipment
- Have regular fire drills
- Provide free of charge to the employees, any protective clothing that may be needed
These are just some of the general things employers need to do. If an employee breaks a leg, dies in a fall from a height, contracts an industrial illness or sustains any other injury because of the negligence of the employer, they or their family would be able to make a personal injury claim against the employer and they may well use the services of injury lawyers in Trafford Park.
Making the claim using injury lawyers in Trafford Park
The easiest way to make a personal injury compensation claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experts who have helped many thousands of victims obtain their compensation. Our claimants needs come first and the high quality service we provide has earned us a reputation for complete customer satisfaction. Add to this the fact that we will not want any money from you to start your claim because of the No Win No Fee* arrangement and you have to be onto a winner.
Although we do not have injury lawyers in Trafford Park we can still represent you and your claim. This is because we are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need injury lawyers in Trafford Park look no further than our expert service.
You can contact us through the website by completing the 30-second test, or by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993.
Date Published: 18th November 2013
Author: David Brown
Category: Location Posts