Do you need help from injury lawyers in Towcester because you have a fractured foot?
Our feet have 26 bones each, all just waiting to be broken which easily happens because our feet are vulnerable to knocks and having things dropped on them.
Most bones break suddenly as a result of an accident or injury, and as with all broken bones, there are many causes, but a few that can create a fractured foot are:
- Toes being fractured when you accidentally kick something hard
- Having something dropped on your foot
- Heels are often broken after landing hard on your feet from a height
- Twisting you foot or ankle as you fall or slip
- Small cracks, called stress fractures, can occur in the foot bones over a long period of stress to the feet. This type of fracture often happens to athletes, hikers, dancers, runners and gymnasts.
Generally you will know very quickly that you have broken a bone in your foot because the pain can be very severe, unless it is a toe that has broken, that tends to be not quite so painful. Your foot is also likely to swell and maybe look deformed. If you sustain a break in your foot in an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim, and you would be best off using the services of injury lawyers in Towcester.
How will my broken foot will be treated?
That depends on the severity of the injury, but common treatments are:
- Crutches to keep the weight off the foot. It is important that crutches are the correct size for you and that you use them in the right way or you can cause damage to the nerves in the armpit
- Plaster cast
- A foot brace
- Broken toes can be treated by binding them to another toe, this is called buddy taping
- Ice to reduce the swelling
Can injury lawyers in Towcester help with a personal injury claim?
Yes they can. However so can Accident Advice Helpline.
Accident Advice Helpline is the easiest and most stress free way of making a personal injury claim – we have made sure it is. The accident is traumatic enough without any worries, even finances need not be a consideration, as we will not ask you for any money to start work on your claim. We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis so claims are available to everyone.
On our website there is a 30-second test which will let you know if you have a valid claim and give you an estimate of the amount you might receive.
Or you can call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123 and speak to one of our friendly and helpful advisors. They will provide you with free legal advice and answer all your questions about making a personal injury compensation claim.
If you decide not to pursue the claim, we will not put you under any pressure, the decision will be entirely yours.
Date Published: 19th November 2013
Author: David Brown