Torquay is a seaside town in the county of Devon. Torquay’s name originates in its being the quay of the ancient village of Torre. In turn, Torre takes its name from the tor, the extensively quarried remains of which can be seen by the town’s Lymington Road.
Devon has some lovely roads for cycling, the third most popular pastime in the UK. The problem is that cyclists are very vulnerable on our roads and if they are in an accident they can sustain serious injuries. If you find yourself in this situation and someone else caused the accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim using injury lawyers in Torquay, or anywhere else in the UK.
Cycle claims with injury lawyers in Torquay
Motor vehicles can be a hazard for the cyclist, as can potholes and bad road surfaces, in fact most cycle accidents are solo events where no other vehicle is involved. If you should be in an accident and fall off your cycle because of another vehicle or a pothole that has not been repaired, you may be able to make a personal injury claim.
The injuries you can sustain in a cycle accident
Hopefully, if you are in an accident when out on your cycle, your injuries will be no more than cuts and bruises, but they can be far more serious, such as:
- Road rash is an extremely painful injury that usually occurs when you slide along the road and damage the skin and flesh.
- Having an accident is traumatic enough, but the after effects can cause posttraumatic stress, which is as much an injury as anything physical.
- Head injuries can be life changing, not just for the victim but for those close to them as well.
- Facial injuries can range from a few abrasions to severe damage that may need plastic surgery to correct.
- Broken bones are a very common result of a cycle accident. We have 206 of them in our bodies, just waiting to break.
If any of these or any other injuries happen to you in an accident that was not your fault, you may want to make a personal injury compensation claim.Open Claim Calculator
Making your cycle injury claim
You should contact Accident Advice Helpline, either on their freephone number, 0800 689 0500, or by completing the 30-second test on the website. Either way you will speak with an experienced claims advisor who will provide you with free legal advice about making your personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline will ensure your injury claim is dealt with in a fast, simple and efficient manner, while making sure every area of the accident and your injuries are looked at to find the effects they have had on your life. We want to get you the personal injury compensation to which you are entitled.