How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Tollard Royal

    Health and safety

    All employers have legal responsibilities towards the employees while they are at work, such as:

    • They have to protect the health and safety of all employees and anyone else affected by the work, or visiting the premises.
    • They need to have procedure in place in case of an emergency situation, and all the staff need to know what they are.
    • Most employers have to have employers’ liability insurance with minimum cover of £5 million, although insurance companies usually have an entry level of £10 million.  There is a fine of £2,500 a day for not having this insurance.
    • They should have a health and safety policy, of which all the employees know the details, and they need to make sure that the policy is implemented.
    • They need to record all accidents in an accident book, no matter how minor they may appear.
    • Risk assessments are important to identify any potential risks, and they should take steps to correct anything they find.
    • Serious accidents should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for them to investigate and act upon if necessary.
    • All plant and equipment should be in proper working order and fitted with whatever safety devices are needed to keep it safe to use.
    • They should ensure that regular fire drills take place.
    • The staff should be properly trained to use the equipment and its safety devices.
    • Everyone should have enough room to work in comfortably without excessive twisting and turning.
    • All employees should have proper break periods; a tired employee can be a danger to everyone.
    • The employer should supply, free of charge to the employees, any protective clothing that is needed.

    These are general rules that apply to all businesses, but there are specific rules that apply to particular trades. An employer can find out all about health and safety in their trade on the HSE website.

    If the employer does not comply with HSE legislation and you are injured in an accident at work, you should report it the to HSE if for no other reason than to prevent someone else from suffering the same injury as yourself. If you need to make a personal injury compensation claim, you might want to use the services of injury lawyers in Tollard Royal.

    Accident Advice Helpline should be next

    If you have had an accident at work in which you have been injured, after medical attention and HSE, the next people you need to speak with is the injury lawyers in Tollard Royal at Accident Advice Helpline. You need to find out if the circumstances of your accident, and the resulting injuries, entitle you to make a personal injury claim. We have over 15 years’ experience working with work-related accidents, as well as every other type of accident and injury you can think of.

    There are three ways in which you can make contact with us. You can use:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Our online compensation calculator, also known as the 30-second test;
    • Our online compensation claim form; or
    • Our freephone number, 0800 180 4123 to speak to one of our friendly advisors.

    We operate on a no win no fee basis and will have no money to find until we win your claim.

    Date Published: 15th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.