How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Injury lawyers in Ticehurst

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Ticehurst

    Injury lawyers in Ticehurst and the Health and Safety Executive

    Your employer claiming they were unaware of certain health and safety rules and regulations will not prevent a successful injury claim if you are injured in an accident at work. Protecting the health and safety of their employees while in the workplace is part of being an employer, and the information they need is readily available on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website, or you can ring them. Their one aim is to keep work environments a safe place for employees to be, and they will help you all they can.

    Injury lawyers in Ticehurst are impressed at how up to date and relevant the information is

    The HSE always report any changes to health and safety legislation, and their very user-friendly website is a mine of information for employers. It is updated on a regular basis, making sure that the information is relevant and not out of date. There is no excuse for employers not to take a quick look to see if anything has altered in their particular field.

    Risk assessments should be continual

    Risk assessments are one of the things an employer has to do, but are quite often put off because the name conjures up expensive reams of paper that no one can understand. All it really needs that they should check the workplace for any risks and take action if they find any. Speaking to the staff to see if they have spotted something the employer has missed is never a bad idea. If they have more than five employees, the assessment needs to be written down; in any case, this is a good practice to uphold.

    Report serious accidents to the HSE

    Another duty they have is to report serious accidents to the HSE. If you suspect that the employer has not done so, you should report it yourself. The HSE will check the problem out and ensure that it doesn’t happen to anyone else, closing the premises if necessary. The sorts of accidents they would expect to be reported are:

    • Deaths;
    • Major injuries including broken limbs or ribs;
    • Industrial illnesses and diseases;
    • Collapse of scaffolding or walls;
    • People overcome by gas or fumes; and
    • Any injury that would need you to have more than seven days off work.

    All accidents, no matter how minor, should be recorded in an accident book. Not only will a record help you if in the future you want to make an injury claim, but it also helps the employer to see if similar accidents keep happening, so that they can takes steps to make sure that they are avoided.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We are here to help

    Accident Advice Helpline are second to none for dealing with personal injury claims. We believe in taking care of our claimants, making sure they get the best deal for what has gone wrong for them. On our freephone number 0800 180 4123, you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, or you can complete the 30-second test online for guidance.

    Date Published: 15th November 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.