Had a holiday abroad and been injured? Let our injury lawyers in Tedburn St Mary take the pain out of your claim
Our longed for and highly anticipated two weeks in the sun can sustain us all over the long winter months. An all-inclusive holiday with flights, transfers, meals and excursions provided can offer a stress-free fortnight. Once you have packed your suitcase and organised your hand luggage, you don’t have to pay for any everyday expenses until you return home.
However, accidents can happen when you least expect them, and often when you are least prepared. All-inclusive holidays can be ruined by unforeseen accidents, which can cause painful injuries and hospitalisation.
If you or someone you have been travelling with has sustained an injury as the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault within the last three years, you may be eligible to make an personal injury compensation claim using injury lawyers in Tedburn St Mary.
Types of accidents for which you can claim using injury lawyers in Tedburn St Mary
- Food poisoning;
- Slips, trips or falls;
- Road traffic accidents;
- Sporting accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Travelling accidents; and
- Accidents whilst on excursions.
Injuries that can be sustained
Unfortunately, injuries are often sustained which require medical attention, and this can add to the stress of being injured whilst abroad. The language barrier and unfamiliar medical systems can mean that getting the right help may be difficult.
Here are some common injuries that can be caused in all kinds of accidents:Open Claim Calculator
- Lacerations and bruising;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Broken or fractured bones;
- Back injuries;
- Spinal injuries;
- Neck injuries;
- Head injuries; and
- Vomiting and diarrhoea.
What to do in the event of an accident whilst abroad
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Reassure the casualty and take any necessary insurance documents with you.
- Notify the representative at the complex of the accident. Failing that, contact the UK headquarters of the provider or the hotel management at the resort. Ensure that an accident book log has been filled in and obtain a copy for your records.
- Obtain a medical report from the hospital or clinic for your records.
- Contact your insurer whilst abroad to ensure that you are covered for treatment and repatriation, if necessary.
- Ask witnesses to provide their contact details and make a note of what they saw.
- Take photos or draw a sketch of the accident scene to assist your claim.
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as possible on our 24/7 helpline. Our injury lawyers in Tedburn St Mary will handle your claim on your behalf, ensuring that they process the case on a 100% no win no fee* basis.
To find out more about claiming with our injury lawyers, call us on 0800 689 0500, or go online and take part in our unique 30-second test to get an estimate of how much you may be awarded.