Have you had a painful motorbike accident? Do you need specialist advice from injury lawyers in Taplow?
Motorbike accidents can result in devastating injuries for the rider and their pillion passenger. The design of motorbikes doesn’t afford much protection for the rider to their torso or limbs; lacking crumple zones, safety belts and airbag protection, they have none of the protection a car provides. Therefore, in order to reduce the risk of accidents whilst biking and any resulting injuries, follow our guide to safe biking.
Keeping safe whilst biking
- If you purchase your motorbike from a registered dealership, you may be offered training upon purchase of the bike. If possible, take this opportunity to familiarise yourself with your new bike and undergo any road training provided.
- Purchase a new and approved helmet that is a good fit for your head. A full face helmet with visor will protect your eyes from flies and debris whilst riding, and could prevent a facial injury. Don’t be tempted to buy a second-hand helmet, as its integrity might have been compromised and it is never worth the risk.
- Buy decent leathers to wear whilst riding. These offer protection from the elements as well as from stones and debris flying up from the roads. In addition, leather will protect your skin from being brutally removed in an accident, preventing road rash.
- Wear sensible and protective footwear in order to change gear easily and avoid unbalancing you on the bike. Good boots will also give protection to your feet and ankles in the event of an accident.
- Don’t be tempted to ride a more powerful bike than you have experience of. It takes time to gain the experience necessary to become a competent, confident rider. Difficult weather conditions and road conditions can challenge anyone.
- Wear a reflective tabard in order to be seen clearly by other road users.
Making a claim for your motorbike injury using the services of injury lawyers in Taplow
If you or someone close to you have suffered a painful and distressing motorbike accident and been injured as a result, and the accident wasn’t your fault and occurred within the last three years, then you may be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using injury lawyers in Taplow.
Accident Advice Helpline have been established for over 15′ years and provide up to date and relevant no-obligation free legal advice and support to people who have been injured through no fault of their own. Our helpline is staffed by highly experienced advisers who can refer your case to our specialist injury lawyers in Taplow. They will then process your claim on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis.
Call us today on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 033 500 0993 (mobile).