How to treat a groin injury
A groin injury can be one of the most painful injuries you can sustain in the long run. Although it may not seem as drastic as a broken bone or head injury, a groin injury affects how you move around and can cause constant pain for some time. Groin injuries are usually the result of sports injuries, but can also occur during an accident.
Here are some tips on dealing with and treating a groin injury.
As soon as you think that you may have sustained a groin injury, there are a few things that you can do to ease the pain and start to heal the injury so that it does not remain painful for too much longer:
- Rest. You should try not to move too much if you have a groin injury. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may need anything from two to six weeks of solid rest to allow the tendons to heal.
- Ice. Ice is a natural anaesthetic and will help to bring down any swelling, as well as stop blood pooling around the injury. You should use ice for 20 minutes at three-hour intervals to treat your injury.
- Compress the muscle. Compression allows the injury to heal itself and keeps everything tight and compact so that the muscles are encouraged to grow together again. You can get special braces for these injuries which may be useful.
In the long run, you will need to keep caring for your muscles so that the injury does not get worse, and to prevent causing yourself pain before the injury is completely healed:
- Stretch and warm up. Before you do any form of exercise, you should gently stretch and warm up your muscles. Apply a warm compress just before exercise as well, as this will also get the muscles ready to be used.
- Eat well. Having a healthy diet will allow your body to heal and take care of itself better. Make sure you are getting all of the nutrients you need on a daily basis.
Finding injury lawyers in Strontian
If your groin injury was caused by an accident which was not your fault, then you may be able to claim compensation using injury lawyers in Strontian. It is best to use injury lawyers in Strontian to claim compensation, as they know the law better than you and will be able to put together a case for compensation which is more likely to be successful.
Accident Advice Helpline have over 15 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and will be able to put you in touch with injury lawyers in Strontian who can help you. You can call the helpline 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, and the team will be happy to talk you through your accident and what the claims process involves. Injury lawyers will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve, and you shouldn’t even have to go to court.
Date Published: 15th November 2013
Author: David Brown