How to handle your car accident claim – injury lawyers St Mabyn
If you have had a car accident which was not your fault then you may want to make a claim for compensation and will definitely want to claim on the other party’s insurance. When it comes to making a claim for compensation, it is useful to go through injury lawyers in St Mabyn who can work on your behalf to ensure that your claim is successful. Here are some other tips on how to handle yourself when it comes to make a claim.
- Call your insurance company. After any accident, no matter how minor, you should call your insurance company to let them know what has happened. Your insurance company has a lot to process if you have had an accident and they should be able to get on with this whilst you do anything else that needs doing.
- Gather evidence and information. Try to do this at the scene in the form of photos, witness statements (ask people that were around if they would be willing to act as witnesses for your insurance and compensation). Don’t forget to note down the weather conditions and anything of note about the road (faulty traffic lights etc).
- See a doctor. If you want to make an injury claim then you will need to see a professional who can accurately assess the extent of your injuries. If you can get these in a signed off medical assessment then this will be useful to your insurance company and compensation claims company.
- Keep up to date notes. As the process moves on, you should keep detailed notes about any correspondence you have had with your insurance company or compensation claims company. Include times and dates and the name of each person you have spoken to.
- Be honest. When you are going through the claims process it can be tempting to lie about any information which makes you look as though you are in the wrong, or which makes you uncomfortable. Doing this can lose you your claim so always be honest.
How to find injury lawyers St Mabyn
Accident Advice Helpline has over 15 years’ experience in the field of personal injury compensation claims, and will be able to provide you with the best injury lawyers in St Mabyn to handle your claim. Call the helpline 24/7 on 0800 689 0500 and you will be able to speak to the team about your claim.
The team will be able to talk you through your accident and let you know whether you have a good case for compensation or not. If you do then you will be passed onto injury lawyers in St Mabyn who will work with you on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. Your injury lawyers in St Mabyn will work on a 100% no win no fee* basis and you shouldn’t even have to go to court.