Had an accident abroad and been injured?
Whilst we all look forward to our annual fortnight abroad soaking up the sun, relaxing with our friends and family, and enjoying the recuperation that all-inclusive holidays can offer, accidents may still happen when you least expect them to.
All-inclusive holidays can often provide the ideal answer to holiday planning. They offer flights, accommodation, transfers, trips out, food and drink for one fixed price, leaving you free to enjoy your holiday knowing that you have paid for everything beforehand.
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an accident whilst on your all-inclusive holiday which wasn’t your fault within the last 3 years’, then you could be legally entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using injury lawyers in St Clears.
Staying safe whilst abroad
- Don’t swim alone
- Always supervise children in or near water
- Check the depth of the water before diving
- Follow the signs that are given for your safety whilst bathing
- Never smoke in bed and don’t leave candles or open flames unattended
- Unplug electrical equipment if it looks unsafe
- Check you know where fire exits are located; and
- Do not jump from balconies or dive into pools from balconies, as this can result in permanent disability or death
What to do in the event of an accident
If you are on site at your all-inclusive resort when an accident occurs, then:
- Report the accident immediately to the representative at the resort, or the UK-based representative, or failing that the hotel management on site
- Ensure that the accident is reported in their accident book
- Ensure that medical attention is provided immediately and any medical reports are provided
- Ensure that witnesses provide accounts of what they saw and their contact details;
- Take photographs of the location of the accident
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible for advice and guidance;
- Keep all receipts for medical care and treatment; and
- Keep copies of all documentation
Get help from expert injury lawyers in St Clears
If you’ve been hurt whilst on holiday and you weren’t responsible for the incident, you could be eligible to take legal action and injury lawyers in St Clears could help you to make a claim.Open Claim Calculator
If you’re looking for injury lawyers in St Clears because you want to find out more about obtaining compensation for your injury, we may be able to help.
To access more information, simply contact us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll do everything we can to assist with your claim.