Injury lawyers in Somerton
Employees have a right to expect to be safe when they go to work and employers have a duty to make sure they are. All employers have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of their staff while they are in the workplace, and if they do not may find they are facing a personal injury claim from an employee who has used the services of injury lawyers in Somerton.
Trying to avoid having to face injury lawyers in Somerton
If the employer does not any personal injury claims against the, they need to take precaution and put health and safety measures in place. Such things as:
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and has the required safety devices fitted
- Provide, free of charge, any clothing employees need to protect them and insist on the staff wearing it
- Have regular fire drills
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency, and make sure all employees know the details
- Ensure the staff are properly trained to use any plant and equipment
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings
- Record accidents in an accident book
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Make sure the staff take proper breaks
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction
- Have a health and safety policy the details of which all staff are aware
- Making sure everyone has enough room to work in comfortably
If your employer does not comply with his legal duties and you are injured in an accident, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, using injury lawyers in Somerton.
Don’t worry if you do this that you will put them out of business, they should have employers liability insurance, which will settle your claim. This is another legal requirement for most employers.
Accident Advice Helpline will deal with your employment injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline is here to help you make your employment injury claim. For over 13 years we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents and we have helped many thousands of claimants’ get the compensation to which they were entitled giving us an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Accident Advice Helpline have in house solicitors who have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
On our website, we have a compensation calculator which we call the 30-second test. This will help you decide if you qualify for compensation and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded.
Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; we are there to give you free advice whenever you want to call.